This is the start of a blog on my ruminations which I really
expect to be of no interest to anyone but myself and perhaps someof my family. Just random thoughts on life religion and politics.
I'll start off with myconcerns for America. When I first arrived here from Canada in 1979 I was delighted with the energy of the place. The politics, although robust to say the least were mainly about the betterment of the country; Nixon scandals seemed to be behind us, but in retrospect he had probably sowed the seeds of a new kind of partinsanship;although a large proporton of the country was 'anti-scientific', for the most part the people who counted, the people who ran the country, the people who counted bought into science, or at least were willing to listen to those who had been educated in science; lying was still callled lying and not creative spin.
Now it seems to me this has changed. Politics is partisan, and corrupted by lobbyists so that the voice that speaks the loudest is those of large corporations and not of small businesses and the men and women who built the country. Ill explore some of these themes here and also my thoughts on philosophy and religion.
No comments:
Post a Comment